Saturday, 26 May 2012

Lemon & Sultana flapjacks


Really fancied something sweet to eat yesterday afternoon,
and so I thought of flapjacks, but Friday being Friday and as ever really busy I ran out of time, so I kept the idea in my head and put a handfull of sultanas in a small bowl and poured some Lemoncello over them and left them to soak overnight,
and this afternoon I  made Lemon & Sultana flapjacks...



You need:
3 oz or 75g golden syrup
4 oz or 100g butter
3 oz or 75g soft brown sugar
8 oz or 225g rolled oats
juice & zest of one lemon
handfull of sultanas soaked overnight in lemoncello

Turn on your oven!
Put the butter, syrup and sugar into a pan and melt them all together, stirring slowly, then turn off the heat, add the lemon juice and zest, stir in the oats and coat them thoroughly in the melted mix then stir in the sultanas and any juice remaining around them.
Pour the whole mix into a buttered smallish baking tray [I usually line mine with a little baking parchment too] press down with the back of a spoon.
Bake in the pre heated oven at 180 for 35 minutes until golden.
Leave them to cool in the tin before carefully tipping them out and cutting into 8.

I find that this is plenty as I love flapjacks and will keep nibbling them, so I try not to make too many in one go!
They are a chewy, lemony sweet treat,
Do you have a favourite flapjack recipe?







2 comments:

  1. I cant believe you put sultanas in these ...yuck ...presumably I can just leave them out? lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you can leave them out, you could try chopped dates...
      or just try adding the lemoncello!

      i put sultanas in as i like sultanas and you were not visiting lol
      you visit and i will try a different flapjack recipe...

      how about choc chip flavour?

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment....
I will reply to all comments as soon as I can...
Thank You!