Sunday, 6 May 2012

re claiming the grow house!

This is where the grow house used to be,

The up side down pots are covering my surviving seedlings, but it all looked a little sad!
this was the state of the sheds:

But I had a heap of grow house stuff that I had collected from the neighbouring field yesterday, could we make it happen?

Well we spread the bits out,
checked the plastic, hmmed and harrrred
and the clever Mr. Chris managed to cobble it all together again using bits from another old grow house and a supply of waterproof repair tape!
It took about three hours, while I was planting, fine french beans, borlitti beans, cannelloni beans, salsify and spring onions,
So the repaired cover went back on and I buried it all about a foot into the ground and its a bit shorter than it was but :
The grow house is back!
Yeah!
I am so pleased!
but no more gales please....
and I now have to replace the tomato, squash, sweet potato and basil seedlings that did not survive... but the cucumbers seem fine, so they are hardier than expected.

so off now to plant more seeds
[this will be a third attempt at some of the tomatoes ~ good job I had plenty of seed!]
                                                                         wish me luck!


4 comments:

  1. ITS BACK, THAT IS WHAT MATTERS AND i AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO RECOVER IT, NOW I AGREE NO MAIL HAILS, GAILS OR RAIN. Happy Growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    may we all have good growing weather for at least the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am so sorry about your plants :-( I wish you were closer and then you could have some of mine...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet of you to even offer!
    Thank you...
    not sure about the sweet potatoes, might have to buy some slips now, but the rest will restart from seed I hope...
    seems to be a late season this year!

    the cucumbers really surprised me though, they are still going well, bit tatty round the edges but alive and growing??

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment....
I will reply to all comments as soon as I can...
Thank You!