Thursday, 9 May 2013

Winnie the Pooh and the blustery day !

After our little mini heat wave here in Somerset
we have now a return to April showers [yes i am aware it's May!]
and today a really blustery day, so much so that after work I pottered off down the allotment and tied down my greenhouse size poly tunnel.....
last year in May while I was away on holiday it blew away off over the neighbouring fields and was very hard to retrieve,
so i am taking no chances this year,
however my little cucumber plants are looking a little worse for wear so me thinks I will plant a few more cucumber seeds this weekend...
ho hum
but anyway at present all is secure... and I think I will have a little honey on my toast for tea....

2 comments:

  1. We too have had the blustery weather...always makes me think of the bear who loves the honey too!! Hope your cucumbers recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I hope the cucumbers survive too....
      we will see,
      but I just bought a couple of jars of fresh honey from the cornish bee centre near port talbot,
      so i can continue having honey with my toast,
      or should that be a little toast with my honey
      hmmm.

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment....
I will reply to all comments as soon as I can...
Thank You!